Saturday, August 30, 2008

... Labor not on Labor Day...

... the summer slips away from us dressed in raindrops...and i am glad of it. We need the rain. We will be losing the leaves on the trees soon enough - without rain they are already giving up the ghost and beginning to fall..

there is a particular kind of sadness to the end of summer. Children mourn the end of free days and start of school. These days kids do so much through the summer that i don't know if they know what free days are. Parents mourn the opportunity for a bit of variety in their days... back to 7:30 wakeupcalls for school... if you are fortunate enough to not have to work outside the home in the summer (or anytime). There are cooler nights.. holidays start in october, and there goes the end of the year.

there is something so heart warming about the fall - the rain with yellow slickers crossing streets to and from the school door, football games and soccer games and band competitions... and all sort of beginnings... Joni Mitchell wrote a song years ago called Michael From Mountains (i am most familiar with the version by Judy Collins) that always reminds me of fall... and with all this waxing poetic, i still wish someone would wake me up when september ends.

I have been knitting on soldier socks (gee what a surprise). have i watched anything this week? Why, thank you for asking, yes. I decided it was time for a North and South reprise, so out popped the DVD and John and Margaret, at odds as ever, were there before me... Richard Armitage .. hmmm - October and Spooks/MI5 cannot come around fast enough for me. I am ready to watch him wrap his talents around a contemporary role. Frankly, I can't wait.

What else has there been? I've not yet tapped into State of Play. Maybe this week.

I am thinking perhaps it is time to plot out some christmas knitting - after all i get nothing done after November 15th in the knitting department - maybe now is the time.

a quote... oh this one you don't even need to guess at - "it is only a business matter, you would not be obliged to me in any way... "

2 Comments:

Blogger Susan Pandorf said...

I'll do my best to follow the muse as
quickly as possible...

Thanks for stopping by the blog!

August 31, 2008 at 7:45 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Your blog showed up on google alerts today D LOL, I had to smile!


angela

August 31, 2008 at 8:22 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home