Monday, November 24, 2008

always....

the week of thanksgiving and i have not one list made, not one piece of food in for the holiday.  Perhaps i ought to pull my head out of my ample backside and get a shove on.  

I will make my lists.  I will prepare to brine my turkey. I will make a pie or two.  I will do all the things i do to make the day pass.  And it will not be a day to think.  I will not think that day.  There will be football and i will hear the band playing down the street at the field.  I will not think of other football days... of other band days... of wind so cold you needed coffee in your hands just to keep them warm and you actually toyed with the idea of sinking your hands INTO the cup for warmth. ... Of kids ready to bolt to their friends from the very first course of your meal.  Of so many cars in the driveway that you parked down the road... I complained about it all .. then... would that my mouth had stayed shut and i could have seen the scenes like Ebeneezer Scrooge.  So that i could have savored them.  

So i will prepare for the holiday.. and i will not think that day.  However, Til that day, i cannot promise... 


quote:  it's all about the quote...

"...what about me... will... you... marry.... me?"

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home