Monday, June 23, 2008

What do you know?

... what do any of us know? I know i love to knit, i love photography, i love to read. I love to be fangirly every once in a while (we'll do this one quietly). What do you know?

I know i would love to be able to design. I would love to be able to paint, or put together the beautiful graphics i see elsewhere on the internet. I would love to be better at the things that I love. What would you love to be able to do?

It will be - yes i believe it will be eventually.

I am knitting the lace leaf scarf - i am on my last ball of ultra silk and - yes - ordered a few more balls from another source. While i hold out absolutely no hope for the dye lots to match, i am more hopeful it won't matter as much with a pattern like this. i am on my last set of repeats if i am only doing the small one - but with a few more balls, why not go for the gusto?

My Yarn4Sock club socks - hmmm - one is done and kitchenered (is there a verb form of kitchener?). The second one will be done tonite. I am close to being at the toe decrease on the second sock. I like the way the decrease turned out on the first one - will post a picture if i take one. Since I probably will not post a "retrospective" of this one again... here are the particulars.
Yarn4Socks Sock Club offering #2 is a design called "Shelagh's Summer Socks" by Shelagh Smith of Vermont Designs by Shelagh. They are knit in Vermont Panda Superwash Sock Yarn in Silver Lake - The yarn is by a company called "A Piece of Vermont". I liked working with it - nice stitch definition and lovely bounce - has some bamboo apparently.

My SFS socks are moving back up the rotation to the "tv knitting". I can't do the shawl anywhere but at my desk, where repeats do not get muddled. So socks will be socks, in front of the tv. I love being able to crank these out without having a 12 inch leg to knit. Yes, i am lazy.

Music? My music player is still craput. I have not been on line much this weekend - so perhaps no music today. So ... just scroll back and listen - there's lots there to choose from...

... ps - i would love you to remember - i carry your heart - i carry it in my heart...always....

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home