Thursday, April 03, 2008

it's april...

...but the winds of march are upon us and the rain of april too... the cold has retreated a bit...the red-tailed hawk lives behind our yard in "no man's land" but has been reticent to allow me to photograph him. I've got my deer fence and the "deer spa" is finally officially closed. now let's see if it works!

I've been working on the "second" socks and soldier socks besides. nothing else really interesting on my plate - as i want these socks done, washed and posted to their recipients in a weeks time. done with the legs on all of them - for some reason k2p2 goes faster for me than k1p1 so that will always be my leg of choice on soldier socks (and seconds -wink)...

My Knitting Calendar had the cutest baby girl pullover called "Bunny Hop Baby Ruffled Pullover" and it is by Crystal Palace Yarns Dawn Leeseman - www.straw.com - i have not done it, nor have i worked with the yarn but somehow that little ruffle got to me. There are a bunch of patterns on Crystal Palace Yarns site... maybe there is another one that you would like better...

I am reading NORTH AND SOUTH by Elizabeth Gaskell - for reasons obvious to some and oblivious to others, and it is an interesting read. There, as always, is so much more personal development of characters in a novel than in a movie. But... I do love seeing characters already in my head when i read. Especially TDHCMO characters.

Listening to Lifehouse quite a bit, and Snow Patrol and Leona Lewis... letting the slow music allow me to breathe.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home