Sunday, March 23, 2008

I promised...



here are some pics of the "yarnie cakes" - and also of the swift i use. i've devised an interesting method of weighing out half of each skein so i can concurrently knit 2 socks at once without kitting from both ends of a wound ball. Found a really inexpensive food scale and sit my swift on top of it. I can adjust the "0" to accommodate the weight of the swift - so i know exactly when i've hit half way in the ballwinding process and can start my second ball of yarn.

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Great idea with the scale! My swift has to clamp to the table so I have to wind twice to split yarn in half. There's just something so satisfying about seeing piles of yarn cakes ; )

March 24, 2008 at 8:45 PM  
Blogger dmw said...

i picked a "windmill style" swift so it would not have to clamp to something - didn't even splurge on the ballwinder at first - but that was a given eventually - thanks for the comment...

March 24, 2008 at 10:18 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home