Thursday, November 08, 2007

all this talk of holidays...

.... has given me the heebie jeebies... must be so because i am cleaning my house.. eeek.

Koolhaas is done! I made mine out of DaleGarn Sisik stash yarn - so destash it is as well! This was a deceivingly easy knit, once i enlarged the bloody pattern.

tonite will be a bbs night as there is hockey in the land. I am determined to finish these socks. After these socks i will make some other SFS things between now and Christmas - although i think my biggest problem with this last pair is that i did a k1p1 rib instead of k2p2. i know it is the same number of stitches, yeah yeah - but i think i have a better rhythm with the k2p2.

i also found, while setting my studio to rights, lamb's pride bulky and a pattern for slippers. i think i was going to make them for christmas gifts. They were a free pattern from a local shop, but you had to buy the yarn to get the pattern... and there is no picture... so now this is like a mystery pattern to me - truly they are like huge anklets that get felted. but i don't know if making the medium (which is what i started last night) will be big enough or not when felted... we shall see, shant we? they are a hugely quick knit, as i started this last night - so if they DO turn out well Lord knows who will receive slippers for Christmas....

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home