Sunday, October 28, 2007

Rock Climbing 101


... well i've climbed THE ROCK... the Prudential Center opened its doors for NJ Devils business - opened for actual business a few days earlier but this definitely will be known as a hockey arena... i loved the touches of hockey jerseys from each high school and private school in the state - as well as colleges i believe - there is enough food there to support a small country... crowded - yes but it was the home opener in a new arena... parking - not a problem for us. Seats in our section? tight by my standards - cup holders are a nice touch but if you are that tight who can use them? who will be sitting in that arena with a winter coat on? who knows - where will you put the coat you have to wear? aaaaahhh.. who knows again?? I enjoy hockey. So sue me...

i am rounding the gusset decreases on my BBS. that is a good thing. I am so chomping at the bit to start a hat or two - i don't really know why but i am - so sue me again. i like the le slouch hat (see post from 10/27 for link) - i've seen pics of on ravelry - the variations of this hat include making it SLOUCHIER than the original by adding more inches before the decrease - i will definitely be doing that. i think i like the seed stitch version - i love the nubby quality of seed stitch. knitting seed stitch in the round is like mindless rib knitting - you just keep going round and round in k1p1 - you just start with an odd number of stitches so you are always off one stitch from a rib.

if i knit on my BBS past the gussets today perhaps i can reward myself by starting a hat. wish i knew of a red and black bulky weight i could use on a hat for me for game nights...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home