Sunday, March 06, 2011

where life will lead this day...

... where i reside we are having a "rain event"... which is far (FAR FAR) preferable to a "snow event"... flooding notwithstanding... the muted sky looks drained of color and therefore life ... but the hawk must still be hungry because he just passed overhead....

March brings "sixes and sevens" weather to my neck of the woods. I fear we have not seen the last of the icky white stuff - because it always snows once close to my natal day - and my natal day is this month... but the prospect of heading out with only a heavy cardie.. or a sweatshirt... and no boots or outdoor clogs.. is just pleasant.. the end...

Today i will finish the sweater that i thought would take me a weekend and instead has taken me a week.. mmphm.. guess i don't budget time well. I am on the button bands in the front - but i have to make a concentrated effort to remember which side says "boy" and which says "girl" - i don't think the young people i am gifting this to will really care.. but .. let's try to get it right, at least in my head...

my soldier socks will be done this week as well - have only been giving them the obligatory 20 min a day - which is really not enough to get them done pronto.. but i have some tv watching to do and they are mindless in the "round and rounds"... so they will be done and i can get them posted as well.

another blog i read alerted me to some new (to me) sock patterns that i might like to try. stop laughing - i can hear you from here - yes i do patterns other than SFS .. i just don't mention it often.

oh.. and i hate the camera i bought.. just hate it.. it doesn't do what i want.. and it is very annoying at that.... and as i say this the neighborhood deer just bolted through the back.. what is this? a nature preserve? all i need is the wild turkeys (not the drinking variety the squawking variety) and we will be able to seriously call noah for a new ark...

noah?????


0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home