Saturday, February 26, 2011

New Life...

...not the Spring variety (although i can actually see my lawn now thanks to all the rain)... but rather the baby variety. I've started a sweater for my neighbors' new son... born on superbowl sunday ... it's called the Wee-one Welcome Set by KnittingAtKNoon (however the picture is not the most flattering - the newer pic on my pattern is in self patterning yarn). I am using KNITCOL trends from adriafil and i like the feel of it so far. The pattern is top down and one piece, yay! My goal is to complete it in a weekend, so i can gift it next week.

So off the needles are my woodruff mittens. I can work on them as needed, and after all, i will be gone again in two weeks and not back til i won't need mittens at home (i hope). My soldier socks have a goal of finish this week as well, although i hope to start another pair for my next trip - they are so easy to knit in transit (who'da thought i'd say that about socks, when so many people have such trouble with them...)

I have not started my fair isle socks yet - i think they will be next (putting the mittens further on hold)... i would like to master that and get on with it....

music.. yes.. there is music today... if i can find it on yt i will embed.. lol


and a quote.. i've gotten away from this and need to get back....

home isn't where you live - it's where people understand you....

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home