Friday, January 25, 2008

Cardinal Peeps


the cardinals are back... perhaps they never left, but in all that freezing cold out there, i see them flitting around the back garden.. chipping at each other like it's time for Spring Cleaning and nest building. brrrrr.

i've finished some charity knitting in the form of three little chemo hats for the local online knitting group i belong to - using the bands from the yarn to let the recipients know they are a c r y l i c ... sheesh ... they don't look like anything more than yarn skeins.. but they are hats, nonetheless.
I am also including my rather limited stash of said yarn - anyone else who want to make a hat or two from it , more power to them.. it is not something i like to work with.. yucko

i am also continuing along with a pair of ridged feather socks in netherfield from twisted fibers. The yarn is Shiny, and the colorway Netherfield, and it is just lovely to work with. I will be getting more eventually.

i have a pair of SFS just started too - now that those little hats are done, i can go back to the charity of record. This time will not K1P1, but rather k2p2, which i find goes faster for me. i think it matters not.

i've received some feedback in the form of comments that others too are in the "no knitting karma" frame of mind -it does my mind good to know i am not alone.. thank you!

2 Comments:

Blogger Shannon said...

We have one pair of cardinals that visit our yard. I have *5* feeders out and rarely see them...makes me sad as they are my favourite bird of all. Sometimes they will hop around on the ground for a minute but they never stay long. I even had my father install a platform feeder, hoping they'd come to that, but they won't. However, they spend hours in my neighbor's yard. Bah!!! Lucky you to see them often.

January 26, 2008 at 8:23 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Good for you for doing the hats! I also did not enjoy knitting with the fun fur.

January 28, 2008 at 4:38 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home