Saturday, January 12, 2008

Another Friday


That week left me like a rocket - i don't really even know where it went. I've been knitting a another pair of ridged feather socks, i knitted and demolished a roll brim hat from the leavings of Kristin and Charlie's handfast mittens (not enough yarn to make it long enough - will do a kids hat pattern instead). Have been helping out with the surgery recoverer. He is amazing, coming straight home from hospital - no rehab - and venturing out on his own (well someone is driving him - he's not doing that) to dr. appointment. A knee replacement is a scary thing. That i will tell you.

I started my fiber obsession as a child with crochet. One of my yahoogroups sent me this pattern for an adorable little an-i-mal to knit for a favorite friend of yours. I can see it in Pink and Red for the dreaded day of hearts... yuck.

The ridged feather socks are surprisingly easy. And i have to say i love working with this yarn again - Shiny by Twisted Fibers on Etsy. It flies through your fingers. I've worked with it on both nickel-plated and wooden circular needles and it is lovely lovely lovely with both. the netherfield color-way is yummy - and named for a home in one of my favorite books, so what could be better? here are my first ridged feather in netherfield. Or you could check out december 5th post (have not figured out how to link that yet, sorry)

My cards came in the mail and are good. i would make more and combine them as sets soon - have to look for some more shots of fiber that i like...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home