Tuesday, January 22, 2008

Sand and Water...

and a million years gone by. Solid stone is just sand and water baby... sand and water and a million years gone by. I will see you in the light of a thousand suns. i will hear you in the sound of the waves.. i will know you when i come as we all will come through the doors beyond the grave...Beth Nielsen Chapman's Sand and Water...

My knitting zen is not in place. This time of year a lot of people have trouble with the passing of the holidays. I am not a holiday person anymore so that should not matter to me. But the solitude of January days and nights does not one thing to make me smile. I have been working on charity projects for the SFS group, and some mildly painful fun fur hats for a local group, but otherwise i have not a whit of desire to complete any projects. Knitting has become something i have to do, and that, i believe, is not good. But i will plow through this as i try to plow through every block i come to and have to believe there is a new wealth of knitting excitement on the other side.

Some days are diamonds, and some are just rocks. Some, i am learning, have boulders attached to them that swing around and clout you in the head when you are not looking. Wow, aren't you glad you stopped by HERE today?????

2 Comments:

Blogger Shannon said...

Just wanted to say hello and you certainly are not alone in the way you feel. I haven't had much inspiration to knit lately, either...and I've been quite unorganized since the holidays ended. I wonder if it is some cosmic force doing this as I know a few of my friends are having problems, too! Hang in there, spring is right around the corner.

January 22, 2008 at 9:09 PM  
Blogger dmw said...

thanks shannon - it does me good to know i am not the only karma deficient knitter out there - take good care...

January 25, 2008 at 9:45 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home