Wednesday, July 14, 2010

a form of eureka!

leaf shawl 1
i am very happy to say i've figured out my place in the Leaf Lace Shawl i started about 2 years ago. It was my first foray into any kind of lace work. I did it with worsted weight ultra silk by berroco and ran out of yarn before i could finish. i thought (yeah right) that i had been scrupulous in writing down what repeat/row i should start on.. NOT! Soooooo (lucas north in the washroom so..) i couldn't re-start. Til now!

lace leaf shawl 2 (2)
i determined this would be a finished object this year. Trotted my behind into the studio and sat with the directions, my little row counter complete with rings supposedly telling me which repeat i was on.. and lo and behold.. i was able to figure it out!!!

i have just typed out the edging instructions (need them big bucko) and am going to finish this puppy..

This may not be a eureka to many, but it is to me! And.. what a difference two years makes.. When i first started this project, i needed to single-task. no tv, no audiobooks, no music.. just concentration.. i finished up the repeats last night watching The Deadliest Catch and only needed to glance to make sure i was where i needed to be..

I am done with the heel/gusset on sfs sock 1 and have cast on the leg to foot of sfs sock 2. i will work on them tonite... as i do think concentration of the maximum sort will be needed for the edging on the shawl.

a quote: let's see..

...I believe your daughter and i have already met...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home