Tuesday, December 11, 2007

progress...


morning... morning....

Progress being made - the handfast mittens on OTN. One traditional mitten made, the other OTN. Piccie? Perhaps... I am making these out of Mountain Colors Merino (i think - blast losing the ball band) and a wool boucle. This is the first time i am using a wool boucle to construct these and i like the fabric the combination makes. These are turning out very "Black Watch" like in their colors. Who knew?

I am not with-it in the holiday department - mind is scattered this week (and apparently last as well from the number of entries). I was on a lottery for Dashing Dachs Sock Yarn contest and did not win a spot. Perhaps for the best, but disappointed nonetheless. Dashing Dachs... Marmosets from Mozambique....?

This weekend we are eating dinner with a group of friends in a new restaurant/club in town - I'd better do my best to get my head out of my butt before then...

Poetry this early in the week?

i carry your heart with me... i carry it in my heart
i am never without it
anywhere i go, you go, my dear;
and whatever is done only by me, is your doing, my darling

i fear no fate, for you are my fate, my sweet
i want no world, for beautiful, you are my world, my true
and it's you are whatever a moon has always meant
and whatever a sun will always sing is you.

here is the deepest secret nobody knows
here is the root of the root and the bud of the bud
and the sky of the sky of a tree called life;
which grows higher than soul can hope, or mind can hide

and this is the wonder that's keeping the stars apart
i carry your heart
i carry it in my heart

eecummings - always a personal favorite... is this where the lower case "I" came from?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home