Friday, October 15, 2010

MIA in a good way...

i've been mia again.. but.. i have a reason (the dog ate my homework.. no really really he did!!)... really really i do!

i spent most of last week in "almost walking land" - my little miss and i had some upclose and personal time whilst mama was away on business. I loved every crawling on the floor, picking up the toys, rocking in the dark moment.. she makes my heart sing. I presented said little miss with the Whale of a Hat previously posted about here, but she was less than interested in wearing it.. and since i am a bit doting, i can only hope that mama will be able to capture her in it at some point and forward the snap to me.

upon arrival back at casa ddhockey, i was off immediately to dog sit for a neighbor of my sister. Without the dogsitting, this person would have sat out her grandson's wedding across the country - so Shadow (big old lunky old black lab - did i mention old?) got to be good friends... right through tuesday 2 am when my corner of the world was subject to horrible thunder, lightning and hail.. poor shads no likey lightning, so he sat with his head in my lap most of the night .. that was when he wasn't sitting with his head in my sister's lap .. or sitting on me on the couch.. LOL

soooo really truly reasons not excuses.

i knit a pumpkin hat for little miss - from a freebie pattern on ravelry here - and i have to mail it quickly so she can have more than a day to wear it! the original pattern calls for cotton - but i had cascade 220 in orange and green - so stash busting this was.. in a manner of speaking.

ZIP is coming along and most finished.. hopefully done by weekend.

i am going to start a pair of leisure socks this weekend too - i have no soldier socks on needles and that is not right.. will get them started even if they are a women's pair - which i have not sent in forever.. but knowing me i will start a men's pair.. i feel badly that they are in need so must do.
there is a trail of quiet still, but i will keep getting up every day.. that's the main job isn't it?

a quote...

Close your eyes.. and you'll remember ...

1 Comments:

Blogger pamela w allen said...

so glad that you were able to spend some time with your "little miss"...

great to have you back on the blogosphere!

October 15, 2010 at 4:57 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home